SERVICES > Surgical procedures
Refractive Surgery: FAQs
Recommended methods depending on the dioptre:
0.00 to -7.00 LASIK, PRK, LASEK and EPILASIK
-7.00 to -12.00 LASIK
> -12.00 Implantation of intraocular lenses
> -16.00 Clear lens extraction with / without implanting IOL
0.00 to +6.00 LASIK
Talk to your ophthalmologist about your needs and lifestyle to help you determine correction method that will be best for you.
- People younger than 18 and older than 60 years
- People with unstable diopter (frequent changes diopter past year)
- People with keratoconus
- People with dry eye (Schirmer test> 7mm)
- People who have other eye disease (glaucoma, uveitis, retinopathy ..)
- Pregnant women
- Immunocompromised patients
- People with diabetes
- Active athletes
- Visual acuity exam with help of testing glasses and phoropter
- Measurement of intraocular pressure
- Examination of anterior eye structure and eye ground with ophthalmoscope
- Tear film test (Schirmer test)
- Refractometry on narrow and dilated pupils
- Corneal topography
- Assessment of the strength of the natural lens and the axial length of the eye (IOL master)
During the preoperative preparation of patients who use contact lenses (GP, soft, toric) it is necessary that the contacts are not used specific number of days in order to obtain an adequate finding of corneal topography.
Your ophthalmologist may also require that you do not use to some products (make-up, creams, lotions, etc.).
During the intervention, the patient lies under the operating microscope with a laser and follows the instructions from the surgeon.
Its is necessary that the patient is relaxed during laser intervention and looks at the bright green laser, but even if the eye moves quickly Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q Laser has integrated highly sophisticated eye tracker system that tracks eye movements at a rate of 400 movements per seconds.
More than 95% of the people who underwent refractive surgery can pass the standard driving test without glasses or contact lenses.
Thanks to this method, more than 30 million people worldwide have so far taken off their glasses and contact lenses.
Laser vision correction is the best accepted and most successful intervention on the human body.